Vacancy: Youth Educator and Materials Developer
Khanya College seeks to employ a dynamic educator and materials developer to support our work with school youth in schools, orphan and vulnerable centres and townships to‘read the word and the world’and become active agents of social change in their own lives and in society. The work with school youth is part of our Jozi Book Fair Project. We need sound educational, exciting and engaging material to facilitate the active building of a movement of youth as purposeful readers and writers.
Deadline for Applications: 13 February 2021
Starting Date: 1 March 2021
The youth educator and materials developer must meet the following criteria:
- Must have experience and ability to work with school youth;
- Must have experience as an educator and in materials development;
- Must love reading and writing, and have good reading/writing, communication, organizing and inter-personal skills;
- Be self-motivated, dedicated with a strong work ethic and ability to work under pressure, individually and in a team.
- Excellent presentation, writing and reading skills in English; and in indigenous languages a decided advantage.
- Experience and knowledge of youth literature, drama and the arts, an advantage.
Please click on the link to apply: https://forms.gle/a93JDoVxaA5tUyMP9
- 0. Click volunteers and casuals
- 1. Click Casual or Free lancer
- 2.1 Click Youth Educator and Material Developer
Khanya College is an NGO based in Johannesburg, SA. We are committed to social justice work in working class communities; and accountability (including financial) within the College and within and amongst the organisations the College serves. To learn more about Khanya College and its work: www.khanyacollege.org.za
The Jozi Book Fair is a project of Khanya to address the weak culture of reading and writing in all SA’s languages that reflect apartheid legacies and continuing social inequality. For information on the JBF: www.jozibookfair.org.za
Vacancy for Position of ICT Intern Technical Support
Khanya College seeks an ICT intern to assist the helpdesk staff and managing all procedures related to end-user help requests, including the monitoring, tracking. The individual will also contribute to problem resolution by giving in-person, hands-on support to end-users at the desktop level.
• Support the IT team in maintaining hardware, software, and other systems
• Maintaining and upgrading the office computers and equipment as necessary
• Providing technical support to Khanya College members
• Replacing defective or broken products as necessary
• Assist in maintaining documentation for equipment
• Perform minor repairs to equipment and arrange for other servicing needs
• Maintain open communication and positive relationship with staff
• Organize and maintain IT resources
• Gain hands-on experience in an IT position
• Training experience in Programming and Web Development Admin and Maintenance
• Networking Maintenance
Application Deadline – 15 February 2021
To Apply please fill in the registration form below
Follow the following step to apply for the position.
0. Click volunteers and casuals
1. Click Casual or Freelancer
2.1 Click ICT Intern Tech Support