The JBF programme runs over four days and includes programmes for SCHOOLS, CHILDREN and the General Public (Saturday & Sunday).
Thematic areas include:
Labour & Society
– casual workers,
- LRA Amendaments,
- Unity between Social movements & Unions?
- Land and Housing Struggles: Expropriation and no-compensation
- Workers Party and elections
– Assessing the #Totalshutdown,
- Beyond Policies – Feminising organisations and struggles
Poetry & Youth
- Poets from Sweden
- Open Mic
- JBF Competition and Prizes, include publishing your work
- Organizing and culture
- The future of worker literature
- Street Theatre by Joburg inner city youth.
- The crisis in theatre in SA today
- Children perform their own poems and drams in mother tongues.
- Book launches – Poetry for Friends 4 – JBF children/poetry buddies
- Face-painting, balloon artistry, reading and sport, poetry and storytelling